[here is how to pronounce my first name]
I’m the PI of OROG3NY and a professor at the University of Lausanne.
I am interested in the geodynamics of the continental lithosphere: structure, deformation and associated physical processes. My principal tools of investigation are geophysical imaging (seismology, gravimetry) and numerical modelling (themo-mechanical, petrological).
In frame of OROG3NY I currently work on:
- Ivrea geophysical body (Ph. D. Matteo Scarponi)
- Seismo-at-school in Nepal (Ph. D. Shiba Subedi)
- Deep lithosphere seismicity and metamorphism (post-doc Konstantinos Michailos)
- 3D structural mapping with converted waves
- DIVE – Drilling the Ivrea-Verbano zonE
- AlpArray – a broadband-seismology-array and geodynamics project
- EASI – Eastern-Alpine Seismic Investigation
- GANSSER – Geodynamics ANd Seismic Structure of the Eastern-Himalaya Region (i.e. Bhutan)
Previously I have mostly worked on orogeny, deformation and phase changes (see Publications for more details):
- the Himalaya-Tibet region (crustal and lithospheric structures [Hi-CLIMB project], rheology of the India plate, eclogitization of the lower crust);
- the Alpine-Carpathian-Pannonian region (crustal thickness, mantle transition zone topography and history [CBP project]);
- a numerical approach that does conserve mass during metamorphic phase changes in thermo-mechanical models;
- columnar jointing in igneous rocks (size, composition).
Follow this link.
Abstracts, other papers and reports
Follow this link.
Managed seismic networks
- GANSSER / Bhutan, doi: 10.12686/sed/networks/xa
- EASI, doi: 10.12686/alparray/xt_2014
- AlpArray, doi: 10.12686/alparray/z3_2015
- IvreaArray, doi: 10.5281/zenodo.1038209
- NSSN Nepal School Seismology Network, doi: 10.5281/zenodo.3406345, virtual network _NSSN
- PACASE, doi: 10.7914/SN/ZJ_2019
Prize of the Chancellery of Paris Universities 2008 (Aguirre-Basualdo Prize)
Award of the William B. & Elizabeth Behr Agocs Geophysical Research Fund 2008