I am a geoscience researcher at GAIA laboratory, University of Lausanne, since 2020. When I was a little girl, I was curious about how to make people live longer and froze my small fish to make an experiment on it. My interest in mathematics and engineering made me forget about this curiosity. I have done a B.S. in Surveying Engineering. I was lucky that I chose remote sensing in my graduate years, making me a free girl who can follow her curiosity. Although I am not able to make people live longer, I can still analyze remotely sensed data to understand how our environment and the planet change in order to have a better life.
As remotely sensed data is affected by acquisition limitations, such as clouds, shadows, revisiting time, and so on, my research focuses on producing a continuous and consistent Earth surface data by analyzing available climate data and remotely sensed images.
- Received a Virtual Student Travel Grant to participate in American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, 2020 (1000 USD).
- Received research visiting financial support from the National Elites Foundation (society of prominent students of the country), 2017-2018 (6000 USD).
- Received POSTECH Summer Program admission, 2019 (I couldn’t attend this program, but I got the admission).
• Awarded student member of the National Elites Foundation (society of prominent students of the country).
• Ranked 2nd among M.S. students of Remote Sensing major, K. N. Toosi University of Technology.
• Ranked 3rd among bachelor students in surveying engineering, at the surveying college, Tehran.
- Zakeri F., Mariethoz G., “A review of geostatistical simulation models applied to remote sensing: methods and applications”, 2020, Remote Sensing of Environment_URL.
- Zakeri F., Saradjian M., “Change Detection in Multispectral Images Based on Fusion of Change Vector Analysis in Posterior Probability Space and Posterior Probability Space Angle Mapper”, 2020, Geocarto International_URL.
- Zakeri F., Huang B., Saradjian M., “Fusion of Change Vector Analysis in Posterior Probability Space and Post Classification Comparison for Change Detection from Multi-Spectral Remote Sensing Data”, 2019, Remote Sensing_ URL
- Zakeri F., Valadanzouj M.J., “Adaptive Method of Speckle Reduction Based on Curvelet Transform and Thresholding Neural Network in Synthetic Aperture Radar Images”, 2015, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, 9(1)_URL
- Zakeri F., Mariethoz G., ” Producing Daily Landsat Snow Cover Time-Series Data”, 2021, EGU_URL.
- Zakeri F., Mariethoz G., “Multi-Point Geostatistical Generation of Water-Level Changes of Urmia Lake”, 2020a, United States, AGU Fall.
- Zakeri F., Mariethoz G., ” Multiple-Point Geostatistical Simulation Models in Remote Sensing Applications”, 2020b, Zurich, Swiss Geoscience Meeting: SGM _URL.
- Conference on Geospatial Information Technology Engineering (in Persian)_URL.
- Zakeri F., Saradjian M., & Sahebi M., “Speckle Reduction in SAR Images Using a Bayesian Multiscale Approach”, 2019, The International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, 42, 1137-1140_URL.
- Zakeri F., Amini J., “Dark Spot Detection Using Intensity and the Degree of Polarization in Fully Polarimetric SAR Images for Oil Pollution Monitoring”, 2015, The International Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 40(1):749_URL.
- Zakeri F., Sahebi M.R., Valadanzouj M.J, “Evaluation of Different Thresholding Methods in Wavelet Families to Reduce RADAR Images Noise”, 2014, Tehran, National Geomatics Conference (in Persian)_URL.
• English (fluent): IELTS BandScore 7,
• Persian (native),
• Azeri (native),
• Turkish (familiar),
• Arabic (familiar),
• French (basic, continuing learning)
Institute of Earth Surface Dynamics (IDYST),
University of Lausanne,
1015 Lausanne, Switzerland