Former group members
- Stylianos Hadjipetrou (PhD Candidate, CUT-UNIL) – Multiple-point Geostatistical Characterization-Modeling of Complex Spatial Patterns using Diverse Data Sources.
- Mathieu Gravey (PhD Candidate, UNIL) – Multiple point geostatistical approaches
to spectrally enhance satellite imagery.
Now Assistant Professor at Utrecht University.
- Inigo Irarrazaval (UNIL) – Subglacial channels modeling with inverse methods.
Now Researcher at Centro de Investigacion en Ecosistemas de la Patagonia (CIEP), Chile.
- Moctar Dembele (PhD Candidate, UNIL, main supervisor: Bettina Schaefli) – Hydrology and remote sensing for water accounting.
Now postdoctoral researcher at International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Ghana.
- Lionel Benoit (PhD Candidate, UNIL) – Rainfall measurement and stochastic space-time simulation/interpolation [link to thesis].
Now Postdoc at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- James Thornton (PhD Candidate, University of Neuchatel, main supervisor: Philip Brunner, part of the Integralp project) – Hydrological and hydrogeological modeling in alpine environments.
Now research scientist th the Centre for Development and Environment, University of Bern.
- Elisa Giaccone (PhD Candidate, UNIL, main supervisor: Christophe Lambiel, part of the Integralp project) – Interactions geomorphology/plants/permafrost in alpine environments [link to thesis].
- Raphael Nussbaumer (PhD Candidate, UNIL, main supervisor: Klaus Holliger) – Integrating complex and diverse spatial datasets: Applications to hydrogeophysics [link to thesis].
Now postdoc at the Swiss Ornithological Institute.
- Qiyu Chen (former PhD Candidate, UNIL / China University of Geosciences) – Geological stochastic modeling method for the Quaternary sedimentary system 3D geological stochastic modeling method for Quaternary sedimentary systems.
Now Associate Professor at the China University of Geosciences, Wuhan
- Juan Carlos Castilla (former PhD Candidate, UNSW Australia) – Agents-based models, uncertainty in hydrogeological models, climate change.
Now Faculty member at University of Technology Sydney.
- Xue Li (former PhD Candidate, UNIL / University of Science and Technology of China) – Development of geostatistical simulation algorithms using graph cuts.
Now research fellow at the Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics.
- Ehsan Baninajar (former PhD Candidate, UNIL / Sahand University of Technology, Iran) – Automatic parameterization of MPS methods.
Now data scientist at University of Exeter.
- Kashif Mahmud (former Former PhD student at UNSW Australia) – Multiple-point geostatistics, texture synthesis, upscaling, multivariate analysis, karst modeling [link to thesis].
Now research scientist at Indiana University.
- Sanjeev Jha (former postdoc at UNSW Australia) – Downscaling of hydrological data, 3D geological modeling under structural heterogeneity and variable connectivity, river sedimentary processes and bathymetry.
Now Assistant Professor with IIT Bhopal, India.