Postdoctoral & PhD positions in Statistical Genetics
Background: The Statistical Genetics Group of Zoltán Kutalik at the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine of the University Hospital of Lausanne is investigating the genetic architecture of complex human traits and diseases. In particular, we develop methods tailored to discover gene-environment interactions, parent-of-origin effects, causal impact of molecular phenotypes, allelic heterogeneity, copy-number variant associations etc. Via longstanding collaborations we are fortunate to have access to several large cohorts with genomic-, transcriptomic- and metabolomics data. We have an extensive web of collaborations both in Switzerland and abroad (University of Exeter, University of Regensburg, Imperial College London, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, etc.). Our group is also member of the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics.
Prerequisites: We are interested in recruiting talented and highly motivated individuals with an academic degree (MSc/PhD) in statistics / mathematics / bioinformatics / computer science. The ideal candidate should have
- strong background in statistics
- good programming skills (R or Matlab preferred, C++ is a plus)
- past experience with solving biological problems (especially experience with genome-wide association studies) with computational tools
- good communication skills and excellent command of English (French is a plus)
Tasks: The candidate will be responsible for
- developing novel methodologies and their software implementation
- leading international meta-analysis efforts
- performing genome-wide association studies
- participating in teaching optionally
Contract: The initial contract is for one year with possibility of extension to 3 years.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV and motivation letter by 15 November 2016 to Zoltán Kutalik by email (email@example.com)