Interested in joining the ANOM Lab?
Don’t hesitate to contact Allison Daley if you are interested in joining the ANOM Lab for a PhD or postdoctoral project. I am happy to develop projects with enthusiastic early career scientists, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Early Career Postdoctoral Fellowships in Geosciences and Environment
The Faculty of Geosciences and Environment (FGSE) at the University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland, offers up to six Early Career Postdoctoral Fellowships in Geosciences and Environment. Candidates interested in working in the ANOM Lab are welcome to consult the research activites of the Institute of Earth Sciences and contact Allison Daley.
These postdoctoral fellowships are available for recent PhD graduates (0-3 years past the PhD) and are funded for up to two years with a starting date between May 1 and September 1, 2022. In addition to an attractive salary, the positions include funding of 4’000 CHF/year to support research and conference costs.
Starting date: between May 1 and September 1, 2022
Contract: 1 year, renewable for 1 more year
Activity: 100 % (or to be agreed)
Place of work : University of Lausanne
Your qualifications and application
To be considered, the applicant needs to propose a research project of scientific relevance and interest for FGSE and provide a letter of support from a member of the academic faculty (Professor or Senior Lecturer). In its assessment, the members of the search committee will consider (1) the educational and scientific track record of the applicant; (2) the quality, interest, and feasibility of the proposed research project; (3) the match between the project and the proposed host; (4) the expected benefits of the fellow in terms of academic-career prospects (e.g., in terms of mobility and academic trajectory). We particularly encourage research projects creating synergies within and across our institutes and between disciplines, while still welcoming high-quality disciplinary proposals. In its final decision, the search committee will seek a balanced representation between the three institutes, as well as between disciplinary and inter-disciplinary projects.
Your application should include :
- A cover letter explaining the motivation for applying (max. 1 page);
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including previous employment and university training, the date and title of the doctoral thesis, publications, conference presentations / invited lectures;
- A research project covering the two years of the postdoctoral position (max. 6 pages excluding references);
- A letter of support from a professor or senior lecturer at FGSE;
- List and links to the three most significant publications and a statement concerning the personal contribution to each;
- The names and contact information of three referees;
- The position is open for those that have received their PhD degree during the last three years (at the time of application). Documented periods of maternity or paternity leave, or reduced working time due to family commitments, after the PhD can be added to increase the three-year time limit.
Application deadline : 15th of March 2022 (23:59 Swiss time GMT+1)
Please, send your application in PDF.
Only complete applications submitted through this website will be taken into account : https://bit.ly/35vXU6x