For MUSE’s biggest edition EVER!
This semester, the creativity and motivation of our department, our faculty, our university has been incomparably contagious, heart-warming, and wonderful.
We are inviting you to take part in this delightful world by reading this semester’s MUSE issue.
This edition includes students’ funniest comments on their experience coming back to uni, a list of all the fun stuff related to English that you can do around and outside of university, as well as your teachers’ very special Christmas wishlists. It also features a wonderful interview with Enrico, from Anthropole’s stationary shop, that we know you will just love. But mainly, this edition’s highlight is its beautiful poetry.
This semester, MUSE organised a Poetry Competition, which was generously sponsored by the English Book shop Books Books Books* in Lausanne. The grand total of 21 poems were entered into the competition! We thank everyone for their absolutely beautiful submissions. After careful and difficult consideration, our judges eventually selected three winning poems: 1) “NONNA” 2) “I am the earth my mother walked on” 3) “India Pale Ale”. Congratulations to their authors!
Have a look!
- At Doorstep
- Paper, Pencils and Pleasantries: an Interview with Enrico from the Stationary Store
- A Poppy Field
- MUSE’s English Events and Escapades: fun stuff to do, in English, outside the classroom
- FRAME: SEVEN ABSTRACT SONNETS
- Dear Felicity – a Literary Advice Column
- Funniest Post-COVID-19 Reactions & Thoughts!
- Clear Graveyard
- To A Poetess
- The Collected Songs of Honest Shores
- NONNA (First-place winner of the poetry competition)
- Note to Myself
- I am the earth my mother walked on (Second-place winner of the poetry competition)
- Anonymous Poems (Third-place winner of the poetry competition)
- The Time We Took
- Poems by Alex Pérez
- Pink Combo
- Fireflies Temple
- Long ago
- The Rain
- The Caveman’s Shadow
- Andres’ Poems
- Staff Members’ Christmas Wishlists
- Factfulness: A Book That Gave Me Hope
- Sylvie Di Vito’s poems
- Starry Love
- lonely siren’s song
- The Orchard
- A Madwoman’s Saudade
We can’t wait to hear from you again next semester.
The MUSE Team
Disclaimer: all opinions expressed within MUSE articles are those of their authors, not of MUSE or UNIL’s English department or any of its members