Aurelie has followed the glacier displacement using a drone during the entire summer.
We are very happy to Joanne Elkadi, who just arrived to start her PhD after graduating from Imperial College London.
First sample for Dilan Rech at the Bois des Fournets (Vallée de L’Arve, France). He is starting a Master project at the University of Lausanne about ice-extent reconstruction of the Western alps glaciers using OSL dating. This sample is part of a 10 cm layer of fine sediments forming the Rocailles moraine located 20 km southeast of Geneva. The sediments were sampled using a tube to prevent light contamination. For Dilan, the adventure has just started and he already has a bright smile on his face.
We will all be at GFZ for 4 weeks to visit the Earth Surface Process modeling group (from June 12 to July, 10)
Many of us will be presenting at EGU General Assembly: http://www.egu2017.eu/
- Rabiul Haque Biswas : Thermoluminescence as a multi- thermochronomete (Mon, 24 Apr, 11:45–12:00, Room 0.31)
- et al.: Seasonal and annual variations of mountain glaciers surface velocity, implications for ice dynamic. Case study: Karakorum and Pamir.(Mon, 24 Apr, 17:30–19:00, Hall X5)
- Benjamin Lehmann Reconstruction of glacier fluctuations in the Mont?Blanc massif, western Alps: a multi?method approach (Wed, 26 Apr, 16:15–16:30, Room F2) :
- Vjeran Visnjevic et al.: Reconstruction of past equilibrium line altitude using ice extent data (Wed, 26 Apr, 17:30–19:00, Hall X4)
- Benjamin Campforts et al.: Simulating CRN derived erosion rates in a transient Andean catchment using the TTLEM model Wed, 26 Apr, 17:30–19:00, Hall X2)
- Günther Prasicek et al.: Climatic vs. tectonic control on glacial relief (Thu, 27 Apr, 15:45–16:00, Room D3)
- Alexsandar Licul : Importance of viscous deformational heating for estimating ice basal velocity – numerical study (Thu, 27 Apr, 17:30–19:00, Hall X5)
- et al.: Constraining the Quaternary exhumation of the Siwaliks using very low temperature OSL-thermochronometry (Fri, 28 Apr, 17:30–19:00, Hall X2)
- Extracting an unbiased erosion history of glacial landscapes (Fri, 28 Apr, 17:30–19:00, Hall X2) :
- Response time of glacial erosion (Fri, 28 Apr, 17:30–19:00, Hall X2)
Nadja went to central Chile for three weeks to collect samples for her PhD project.