On 7 to 11 April 2014 the group risk of ISTE, University of Lausanne, organized the CHANGES meeting at Les Diablerets. CHANGES is an ITN European project entitled: “Changing Hydro-meteorological Risks as Analyzed by a New Generation of European Scientists (A Marie Curie Initial Training Network – Jan 2011 to Dec 2014).
The meeting was attended by 24 members and PhD students of the project. The program was related to:
- Professional skill course 6: Project Management
- Workshop 2: Environmental changes
- Workshop 5: Web-based platforms
The Risk-Group provided courses with the support S. Lévy (Responsable prévention des dangers naturels) of the Forest Office of canton de Vaud, who is one of our former students:
- Changes in risk management in Developing countries (Karen Sudmeier, UNIL & UNEP)
- Risk Management in Switzerland (Sébastien Levy, Etat de Vaud)
- EconoMe: Risk calculation method (Pierrick Nicolet, UNIL)
- Flood damage in Les Diablerets (M. Jaboyedoff, UNIL)
- Hazard and risks in Les Diablerets Michel Jaboyedoff
- Small project: Analysis of changes in Les Diablerets (P. Nicolet & M. Jaboyedoff)
The two PhD students of the project based in Lausanne: ZarChi Aye and Roya Olyazadeh, are really thanked for the organization of this week, which was appreciated by all participant, in particular the social day at le Glacier des Diablerets.