We are extending our research team in the
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ) and are hiring two PhD students (100% contract, starting data in 2017)
The Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ) is an industry-funded research consortium and expert community for corporate data management. CC CDQ comprises researchers affiliated with the Universities of Lausanne and St. Gallen and data management experts from more than 15 companies (ABB, Beiersdorf, Bosch, Nestlé, Otto, SBB, Siemens etc.).
CC CDQ’s research agenda focusses on data management for the digital age and the following topics:
- Digitalization and future data management
- End-to-end information supply chains
- Open data and data-driven services
- Collaborative data management, semantic integration and linked data
The PhD candidates will be supervised by Prof. Christine Legner and work in CC CDQ’s research team . They will be employed at HEC Lausanne with a competitive salary. Employment rate is 100% and maximum contract duration is five years. Starting date is negotiable between February 2017 and September 2017.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Strong interest in one or more of the following topics: data-driven services and business models, business intelligence and analytics, enterprise / data architecture, data modeling and semantic technologies, open and linked data
- Relevant internships and/or practical experience (e.g. as consultant, business analyst or data architect)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Good writing skills and fluency in English; German or French are a plus
HEC Lausanne is one of the leading European business schools, ranked in the top 30 institutions in the world by the Financial Times. The school received the AMBA and EQUIS accreditations for the overall quality of its programs, research, and teaching. It is situated at the shores of the lake of Geneva in one of the most beautiful places in Switzerland. An excellent public transport network links the university campus in just a few minutes to Lausanne, the capital of Vaud, noted for its varied cultural activities.
Informal inquiries and how to apply:
For any inquiry about the PhD positions, please contact Prof. Christine Legner:
email@example.com or +41 21 692 3432.
Applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae, their university transcripts (bachelor and master level) and an electronic version of a recent research project (e.g. master thesis, scientific publication) by e-mail.
Job announcement: pdf
Competence Center CDQ www.cc-cdq.ch
HEC Lausanne, hec.unil.ch
Prof. Christine Legner, www.unil.ch/bisa