Aller au contenu principal
- Responsible for the facility since July 2020
- PhD at UNIL in 2006 studying the plasticity of the mouse cortex by serial sections
- From 2009 to 2020, Head of EM (co-head of Facility for Imaging and Microscopy) at Friedrich Miescher Institute in Basel (a Novartis Research Foundation affiliated to the University of Basel) based on volume SEM techniques.
- During the period 2016-2020, head of the FMI cryo-EM facility shared with Novartis.
Jean DARASPE Msc, Chief of operations, deputy head / email / +41 21 692 50 61 / office 1217
- Expert in TEM, FIBSEM, tomography and cryo-tomography
- Coordinator of the trainings for the users
- Responsible for the maintenance of all instruments, coordination with suppliers
- Responsible for the booking system, billing system and IT infrastructure
- Master’s degree in plant sciences at the University of Paris XI in 2005
- EM expert in the group of Dr. Jean-Marc Verbavatz at the CEA in Saclay, France.
- Research scientist at EMF since 2008.
- Expert in array-tomography, responsible for all project using array tomo
- Expert in classical TEM and FIBSEM for small models organisms
- Independent researcher 30%
- Ph.D. from Technion, Israel, in 2007
- Postdoc at IGBMC, France, cellular and genetic mechanisms of organogenesis.
- Head of the EM facility at University of Rennes 1, CNRS, France 2011-2016
- Expert scientist at EMF since 2016.
Antonio MUCCIOLO HES engineer, SEM on Quanta / email / +41 21 692 50 69 / office 1214
- Responsible for SEM, cryo-SEM, environmental SEM and EDX on Quanta200 TFS
- Safety correspondent (COSEC)
- Engineer HES (cours du soir) in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland.
- EMF member since 2004.
- 40% affiliated to the group of N. Geldner for service in EM
- Responsible for all projects in plant science
- Expert in sample prep, imaging and image analysis for plant samples
- Training of users and workshops
- Msc in biology from the UNIL, Switzerland, in 2014
- Lab technician at EMF since 2014
- Affiliated to the group of Pr. S. Martin
- Expert in in-situ CLEM
- PhD in 2011 from the University of Madrid studying cellular trafficking by EM.
- Post-doc from 2012-2016 at the University of Geneva by Pr J Gruenberg
- Post-doc in the group of Pr Sophie Martin 2016- 2021 , focusing on the technique of in-situ CLEM developed by Pr Wanda Kukulski.
Wei Jiao PhD, Post-doc, Research and Dev. / email / +41 21 692 50 01 / office 1217
- Expert in advanced light microscopy technique (light sheet, superresolution)
- Responsible for implementation of new techniques of CLEM in collaboration with the light microscopy platform, before we can offer them as service
- Expert in CLEM in neuroscience, development of immuno and cryo-FIBSEM in neuronal tissue
- PhD in 2011 at Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Post-doc 2011-2015, New-York in the group of Pr McCabe
- Post-doc at EPFL 2016-2021, advanced light microscopy techniques
Nathalie CHAVANNES Secretary / email / +41 21 692 50 50 / office 1110
- Administrative assistant of the EMF at 40% since 2011.
- Responsible of ordering, issuing the bill every month
- Responsible for HR admin in collaboration with HR dept