Aller au contenu principal
- Responsible for the facility since July 2020
- CEO of the Dubochet Center for Imaging since December 2022 (part-time)
- From 2009 to 2020, Head of EM (co-head of Facility for Imaging and Microscopy) at Friedrich Miescher Institute in Basel (a Novartis Research Foundation affiliated to the University of Basel) based on volume SEM techniques.
- During the period 2016-2020, head of the FMI cryo-EM facility shared with Novartis.
- PhD at UNIL in 2006 studying the plasticity of the mouse cortex by TEM serial sections
Jean DARASPE Msc, Expert scientist, deputy head / email / +41 21 692 50 61 / office 1217
- manager of the division « cryo » of the facility
- expert in cryo-CLEM and cryo-electron tomography
- Expert in TEM, FIBSEM, tomography
- Coordination of the maintenance of all instruments, the booking system, billing system and IT infrastructure
- Master’s degree in plant sciences at the University of Paris XI in 2005
- EM expert in the group of Dr. Jean-Marc Verbavatz at the CEA in Saclay, France.
- Research scientist at EMF since 2008.
- Expert in array-tomography and C. elegans ultrastructure
- Independent researcher 30% supported by EMF budget
- classical TEM , SEM and FIBSEM
- Ph.D. from Technion, Israel, in 2007
- Postdoc at IGBMC, France, cellular and genetic mechanisms of organogenesis.
- Head of the EM facility at University of Rennes 1, France 2011-2016
- Expert scientist at EMF since 2016.
- Responsible for SEM, cryo-SEM, environmental SEM and EDX
- expert in classical TEM sample prep and imaging
- Safety correspondent (COSEC)
- Engineer HES (cours du soir) in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland.
- EMF member since 2004.
Damien DE BELLIS MSc laboratory scientist, Plant expert / email / +41 21 692 46 68 / office 1214
- 40% affiliated to the group of N. Geldner for service in EM
- Responsible for all projects in plant science
- Expert in sample prep, imaging and image analysis for plant samples
- Training of users and workshops
- Msc in biology from the UNIL, Switzerland, in 2014
- Lab technician at EMF since 2014
- Lab scientist since 2023
Wei Jiao PhD, Post-doc / email / office 1217
- Expert in advanced light microscopy technique (light sheet, superresolution)
- has implemented machine-learning segmentation of mitochondria (year 1)
- Expert in CLEM in neuroscience, immuno and cryo-FIBSEM in neuronal tissue (in service)
- PhD in 2011 at Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Post-doc 2011-2015, New-York in the group of Pr McCabe
- Post-doc at EPFL 2016-2021, advanced light microscopy techniques
Nathalie CHAVANNES Secretary / email / +41 21 692 50 50 / office 1110
- Administrative assistant of the EMF at 40% since 2011.
- Responsible of ordering, issuing the bill every month
- Responsible for HR admin in collaboration with HR dept