Coordinator of the PERMANENT.PLOT.CH project
Married, one child
Senior lecturer (Maître d’enseignement et de recherche), in Faculty of geosciences and environment, University of Lausanne
Senior lecturer (Maître d’enseignement et de recherche), in Faculty of biology and medicine, University of Lausanne
Different, successive employments (junior lecturer, lecturer) in Faculty of geosciences and environment and Faculty of biology and medicine, University of Lausanne
Post-doctorate in dendrochronology and forest dynamics, Lincoln University (New Zealand)
PhD in botany and vegetation ecology, University of Lausanne; teaching assistant in botany and vegetation ecology
Studies on models in ecology in University of Osnabrück (Germany)
Studies in biology (University of Lausanne), with specialisation in botany and plant physiology
Ecologie végétale : lectures in Bachelor Géosciences et environnement (3rd semester) ; introduction to vegetation ecology and the main plant communities in Switzerland.
Floristique théorique : lectures and practicals in Bachelor Biologie (6th semester) ; introduction to plant taxonomy.
Analyse des habitats : lectures in Bachelor Biologie (6th semester) ; methods for studying plant communities and vegetation, main problems in biodiversity conservation.
Relations sols-végétation : excursions in Master in Biogeosciences (8th semester) ; description of vegetation and soils, relationships between these two components of the ecosystems (in collaboration with Claire Le Bayon).
Analyse du paysage naturel – cartographie : excursion in Master in Biogeosciences (8th semester) ; maps of vegetation, soil et geology of the same area (in collaboration with Eric Verrecchia and Stéphanie Grand).
Biologie : lectures in Bachelor Géosciences et environnement (3rd semester) ; introduction to biology for students in geosciences.
Travaux pratiques intégrés : excursions in Bachelor Biologie (6th semester) ; introduction to botany, entomology and vertebrate studies in the field (in collaboration with Tanja Schwander and Philippe Christe).
Phytosociologie et synsystématique : lectures in Master in Biogeosciences (8th semester) ; historical development and modern use of central European phytosociology, other important methods for the description of plant communities.
Main research interests
- Methodology for vegetation samplings
- Impact of climate change on vegetation (projects PERMANENT.PLOT.CH and GLORIA )
- Forest dynamics
- Classification and changes of plant communities
- Ecology and conservation of Saxifraga hirculus in the Jura Mountains
- Pasture management in Jura Mountains
- Protection and management plans of wetlands, ecological management plans
- Scientific popularization by teaching or booklets
- Forum biodiversité suisse
- Scientific committee of Info Flora
- Scientific committee of the Parc naturel périurbain du Jorat
- International Association for Vegetation Science
- Swiss Botanical Society , member of the committee for VEGETATIO HELVETICA
- Bryolich (Swiss association for bryology and lichenology)
- Cercle vaudois de botanique , member of the scientific committee