Catia dot Sameiro-Barbosa at chuv dot ch
Master in Neurosciences, Aix-Marseille University, AMU
- Master project : Brain Oscillation Entrainment to Rhythm (MEG)
Bachelor in Biology (Adaptative & Cognitive Neurosciences), Aix-Marseille University, AMU
Auditory cortex, Basal ganglia, auditory-motor interactions, auditory timing perception, temporal recalibration, music, rhythm perception
Current projects and methods
Neural correlates of auditory timing perception
I investigate the temporal structure in auditory perception. I am specifically interested in auditory-motor interaction as well as on the neural correlates of rhythm perception.
These projects will be studied using behavioral paradigms, EEG or fMRI depending on the research question.
Sameiro-Barbosa, C. & Geiser, E. (2016). Sensory entrainment mechanisms in auditory perception: neural synchronization and cortico-striatal activation. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 10:361. pubmed
Awards and Scientific communications
- Sameiro-Barbosa, C., Clarke, S. & Geiser E.Internally driven sensorimotor synchronization: a behavioural study. LNAM, Les Diablerets (2016).Poster.
- Sameiro-Barbosa, C., Clarke, S. & Geiser E. Striatum plays a role in internal generation of regularity: a finger tapping task. LNAM, Les Diablerets (2017).Poster.
- Sameiro-Barbosa, C., Geiser E. & Clarke, S. Auditory-motor temporal recalibration: relationship between illusory reversal of action and sensation with auditory semantic representations. Auditory Cortex, Banff – Canada (2017). Poster.
- LN Travel grant 2017 for attending ICAC 2017 in Banff, Alberta (Canada).