- Amal Shahid’s thesis is awarded the 2023 Pierre du Bois PrizeThe recipient of the Pierre du Bois Prize in 2023, awarded annually for the best doctoral thesis in International History and Politics defended at the Geneva Graduate Institute, is Dr Amal Shahid.
- The poetics of translated histories : a podcastThis podcast is a bold dialogue on cultural legacies of Swiss and French missionary activity in Lesotho.
- Switzerland and Colonialism at the Swiss National Museum (2024)Bernhard Schär is the principal advisor for first national exhibition on Switzerland’s ties to colonialism, which will be shown at the Swiss National Museum in 2024. More informations : https://www.landesmuseum.ch/kolonialismus
- How to overcome Eurocentrism and inequalities ? Article by Bernhard SchärThe Swiss Tamedia newspapers asked 16 leading Swiss scholars and scientists which were the biggest unresolved challenges in their respective reseach field. Bernhard C. Schär wrote about the problem of … Read more
- Switzerland and Brazil in the 19th century : historical connections and agencies in the study of colonialism in global perspective – a conference with Izabel Barros and André Nicacio LimaIzabel Barros and André Nicacio Lima presented on 20 July at the 32nd National Congress of History in São Luís, Brazil, the preliminary results of their joint research on Swiss-Brazilian relations during the period of slavery.