Skip to content
Main research topics and current scientific activity
- Geomatics, geostatistical and GIS modelling/simulations of environmental and pollution data (soil water, air). Risk mapping;
- Environmental data mining and knowledge extraction. Development and adaptation of Machine Learning algorithms for space-time data;
- Pattern recognition, modelling and visualisation of socio-economic, demographic and financial data;
- Spatio-temporal point patterns analysis and modelling (clustering, outliers and hot spots detection) using topological, statistical and multifractal measures;
- Modelling and assessments of natural hazards and risks: forest fires, avalanches, landslides. Renewable resources assessments;
- Environmental and monitoring time series modelling using linear and nonlinear models and tools.