Meet members of the NORMDECS research group at the following events:
- European Judicial Training Network (EJTN), Seminar on Probability, Statistics and Judicial Decision Making, German Judicial Academy Trier, Germany, 17th June–1st July 2022.
- Excited Scholarship (online), Session 2, China University of Political Science and Law, June 13th, 2022; seminar talk ‘The ongoing transformation of forensic individualization’.
- Evidence & Proof: Expert Evidence and Evidential Reasoning, Workshop as part of the 1st Michele Taruffo Girona Evidence Week, 23rd–27th May 2022, Universitat de Girona.
- Vanderbilt Law School Evidence Summer Workshop (online), 06th August 2020.
- Penn State Law Review Symposium on Advanced Technology and the Law, March 20th, 2020 (cancelled due to the Covid pandemic).
- Decision-Support in Litigation, Bayes Centre, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Centre for Statistics and the Royal Statistical Society Section Committee on Statistics and the Law, 6th December 2019.
- The Future of Crime Labs and Forensic Science, The University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 19th to 20the September 2019.
- 7th International Conference on Evidence Law and Forensic Science 2019 (ICELFS), Freiburg, Germany, 31st July to 2nd August 2019.
- 18th Annual Meeting of the ENFSI Fingerprint Working Group, University of Lausanne, 4th to 7th September 2018.
- 8th European Academy of Forensic Science Conference, Lyon, France, 27th to 31st August 2018.
- Sino-Swiss Evidence Science Innovation Night, swissnex China, 22F, Building A, Far East International Plaza 319, Xianxia Road, Shanghai 200051, P.R. China, 28th June 2018.
- 3rd International Symposium on Sino Swiss Evidence Science, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, P.R. China, 25th June to 27th June 2018.
- 49th meeting of the Italian Statistical Society (SIS 2018?), The University of Palermo, 20th to 22nd June 2018.
- Colloquium Interlabo GERN, ‘Understanding the operational, strategic and political implications of forensic DNA-results of the Be-Gen research project’, The Be-Gen project (part of the BRAIN programme, Belgian Research Action through Interdisciplinary Networks), Brussels, Belgium, 2nd March 2018.
- Impression, Pattern and Trace Evidence Symposium (IPTES 2018), Panel discussion ‘Statistical approaches to forensic interpretation’, National Institute of Justice (Forensic Technology Center of Excellence, RTI International), Arlington, Virginia, 24th January 2018.
- 18th Annual National Prosecutors’ Conference, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Dublin Castle Conference Centre, 25th November 2017.
- 10th International Conference on Forensic Inference and Statistics, South Dakota State University, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 5th September to 8th September 2017.
- 6th International Conference on Evidence Law and Forensic Science 2017 (ICELFS), University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, 14th August to 16th August 2017.
- Statistics4@Florence, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni “Giuseppe Parenti” (DISIA), Università degli Studi di Firenze (UniFI), Florence, Italy, July 3rd to 5th 2017.
- Evidence & Decision Making in the Law — Theoretical, Computational and Empirical Approaches, ICAIL 2017 Workshop (The 16th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Law), King’s College London, June 16th 2017.
- 2nd International Symposium on Sino Swiss Evidence Science, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 6th to 9th September 2016.
- 74th Annual General Meeting of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners, ‘The Changing Landscape of Forensic Document Examination: Toward an Empirical Future’, Hilton Pensacola Beach, Pensacola Beach, Florida, 20th to 25th August, 2016.
- The nature of questions arising in court that can be addressed via probability and statistical methods (Workshop), Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge (UK), 30th August 2016 to 2nd September 2016.
- NordStat 2016, The 26th Nordic Conference in Mathematical Statistics (Biennial conference organized by the Nordic statistical societies), University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark, 27th to 30th June 2016.
- Workshop on Theory and Implementation of Numerical Likelihood Ratio Methods, Netherlands Forensic Institute, The Hague, Netherlands, 23rd to 24th May 2016.
- DFRWS Europe 2016, 3rd Annual Digital Forensics Research Conference, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 29th March to 1st April 2016 [url].