Supported by Innosuisse and SNSF to help researchers « Turn scientific results into economic or societal innovation », BRIDGE offers 2 funding opportunities, open to all types of innovation:
A step into an application-led business environment for young researchers (no more than 4 years post PhD)
4 deadlines / year
Eligible project costs (max. 130’000 CHF / year)
- 100% of applicant’s salary (calculated on the basis of current rates at the host institution)
- Costs directly related to the realisation of the project
- 12 months, with a possible continuation of up to 6 additional months
For 1 to 3 researchers with experience of implementing the innovation potential of research results
1 deadline / year
Eligible project costs
- Salaries of project personnel, excluding the salary of the applicants
- Project costs directly related to the project
- Up to 4 years
A new regulation has been published in January 2021 :
- both BRIDGE funding schemes are open to all disciplines and types of innovations.
- a commitment to sustainable development is now one of the evaluation criteria.
- BRIDGE now covers the costs of gender equality measures and awards Flexibility Grants to parents with care duties.
- Rejected projects can be resubmitted only once.