Skip to content
- James Thornton recieved the Adrien Guébhard-Séverine Price from the University of Neuchâtel for his outstanding PhD thesis in hydrology intitled “Fully-integrated hydrological modelling in steep, snow-dominated, geologically complex Alpine terrain”
- James Thornton was hired by the Mountain research Initiative (MRI) in Bern to work on GEO GNOME, a project of the Group on Earth Observations Global Network for Observations and Information in Mountain Environments. Congrats to him.
- James Thornton successfully passed his PhD defense on 18 May 2020 at the University of Neuchâtel. His PhD thesis is entitled: “Fully-integrated surface-subsurface hydrological modelling in steep, snow-dominated, geologically-complex Alpine terrain”. Congratulations to him. James will continue in the INTEGRALP project at part time for the coming months.
- Elisa Giaccone successfully passed her PhD defense on 17 December 2019 at the University of Lausanne, and she presented her PhD results in public in January 2020 at UNIL Congratulations to her. Her PhD thesis was entitled: “The influence of geomorphological parameters on vegetation in the Alpine periglacial environment”.
- Aline Buri works now for the Vaud state, as Project Chief Officer for the Service of Prospection and Statistics. Congrats to her.
- Aline Buri successfully passed her private PhD defense in June and she had the public PhD defense on 5 September 2019 at UNIL. Congratulations to her. Her PhD thesis was entitled: “ Above- and belowground biogeography: Spatial modelling of a hidden system”. She was included in INTEGRALP’s GeoSoil module. She has now left the project and is working for the state (Canton de Vaud) in the prospection service.
- After 3 years as project coordinator and postdoc, Carmen Cianfrani left us for a new exciting job in science mediation at EPFL, next door on the campus … We wish her an excellent start in her new position!
- Aline Buri successfully passed the defense of her PhD thesis with the scientific jury; next step she will present her PhD results in a public conference on 5 September 2019 at UNIL, 5 pm in the Biophore building . Her PhD thesis is entitled: “ Above- and belowground biogeography: Spatial modelling of a hidden system”. She was included in INTEGRALP’s GeoSoil module.