- Cet évènement est passé
2 mai @ 17:00
Do you want to test or develop novel and unconventional scientific approaches or ideas? Spark is designed for projects that show unconventional thinking and introduce a unique approach. The focus is on promising ideas of high originality for which preliminary data are not necessarily available (high-risk research). Hence, negative results will also be regarded as knowledge gained. The focus is on projects or ideas that are unlikely to be funded under other funding schemes.
- Any applicant with a doctorate or equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants must conduct the Spark project at a Swiss research institution.
Resubmission rules: applicants whose proposal was scientifically evaluated in a former call are barred from submitting a Spark proposal in any of the four subsequent calls if:
- a. their proposal was approved or
- b. their proposal was rejected and was among the weakest third of the proposals of the respective call.
- Project budget: CHF 50,000 to 100,000. The Spark grant may cover the applicant’s salary.
- Project duration: 6 to 12 months. The project must start within six months after the decision.
Applications are evaluated in a double-blind reviewing process, i.e. applicants do not know who is evaluating their proposal and the identity of the applicant is not disclosed to the evaluators. However, applicants must submit a brief description of relevant educational and employment histories and confirm that they have the expertise needed to carry out the project.
All details on SNF dedicated website.