Voici en bref (et en anglais) un bref portrait de cette initiative de recherche que nous lancerons début 2018:
- Motivation: persistent regulatory pressure has induced continuous growth of the Compliance function, an accumulation of legacy elements in systems, processes, etc. and an overall negative impact on margins.
- Research initiative goals:
1) improve effectiveness of all compliance-related activities AND contain risks;
2) free up compliance officers to perform more value-adding work.
- Approach: avoid costly consultants ð practitioners & academics team up in a structured, consortial research approach*.
- Main deliverables:
1) Methodology: Compliance TOM, Industrialization approach, implementation…
2) Practical tools: maturity model, business case calculator, risk framework, etc.
- Key data:
– Duration: January – December 2018, 4 workshops @ 2 days
– Participants: 3-7 large Swiss private & retail banks, BPO service & bank
*) Developed by University of St. Gallen (HSG)