To apply for one of the summer courses, please go directly to the course’s webpage and click the “Online Application” button.
By submitting the application form, the participant declares they have received and read these rules and regulations and declares him or herself in agreement with their content.
- Participants must register by completing the online application form. By submitting the application form, the participant declares they have received and read these rules and regulations and declares him or herself in agreement with their content.
- Registration becomes effective after payment of the tuition fees applicable to the course, as indicated in the application and on the website, by bank transfer or credit card.
- Applications will be considered provisional until payment has been made in full; no place on the course will be guaranteed until then.
If you are not able to apply online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration closes on the date indicated for each course on the website. This is subject to change if there are still places available on the course. This decision is left to the discretion of the course provider.
- UNIL summer schools must receive the course fee before the date indicated on the online course page or applicants will not be accepted on the course.
- All applications are evaluated as they are received, and UNIL reserves the right to deny access to a course if the entry requirements are not satisfied.
- In the event that the number of applications exceeds the number of places available, a selection process may apply. The selection criteria are usually explained in the website course information. Should this not be the case, the regulations may be requested via email@example.com.
3. ECTS Credits
- Courses lead to a certificate of attendance or credits, as indicated on each course page, if participants successfully complete the course in accordance with the assessment requirement outlined in the course materials.
- The University of Lausanne is not responsible for the recognition of ECTS credits by the home university. It is the participants’ responsibility to make sure their home university recognises the program.
- The University of Lausanne reserves the right to cancel the course if it fails to meet the minimum number of participants when registrations close. Tuition fees will be fully refunded in such circumstances. However, organisational costs, resulting from the process of applying for a visa, travel, accommodation or any other arrangements will not be reimbursed by UNIL.
- If an applicant is not admitted, or a course is cancelled, he or she will be notified by email. The course fees will be fully reimbursed.
- In case of a cancellation by the participant, costs will be payable as follows:
- If the participant cancels more than four weeks before the start of the course by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining in detail the reasons for the withdrawal, he or she may be refunded 80% of the tuition fees.
- If he or she cancels within four weeks of the start of the course, UNIL reserves the right not to refund the payment.
All participants are responsible for securing any visa required and are advised to contact their home embassy as soon as possible for more information. Once fees have been paid, UNIL can provide a letter confirming participation in the summer school.
UNIL does not provide insurance for its students. All participants are therefore responsible for obtaining adequate insurance in Switzerland (health, accident, civil liability) during their time at UNIL.
Participants shall conduct themselves appropriately at all times during the delivery of the course, and in accordance with UNIL policies. UNIL reserves the right to exclude participants from the course or take such other action as it deems appropriate if they behave in a manner deemed unacceptable by UNIL. In such case they will not be entitled to any full or partial refund of their tuition fees and no certificate of attendance will be issued.
8. Final provisions
- In the event of default on the part of the University of Lausanne summer schools, compensation will be limited to the course fee and any directly related costs.
- Failure to pass the examination does not warrant any claims for reimbursement of tuition fees.
- Should any circumstances arise that are not covered by the terms and conditions of registration, the University of Lausanne will make a decision on the basis of reasonableness and fairness.
- Any disputes arising between the participant and the University of Lausanne summer schools that cannot be resolved amicably shall be resolved by the University of Lausanne under the University law.
- The University of Lausanne shall not be liable for any failure or delay in the performance, in whole or part, of any of its obligations arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to strikes, riots, war, civil commotion, malicious damage, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm, pandemics or epidemics.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions you authorise the University of Lausanne to publish photographs taken of you during the UNIL summer schools for use in print, online and video-based marketing materials, as well as other UNIL publications related to promoting its study programmes. You further acknowledge that your participation is voluntary and that you will not receive financial compensation of any kind associated with the taking or publication of these photographs or participation in marketing materials or other UNIL publications. You acknowledge and agree that publication of said photos confers no rights of ownership or royalties whatsoever. If you do not wish photos taken of you to be used, you must state this specifically by sending an email to email@example.com.