Located in a historical resort of the Swiss Alps, the GLOBE winter school in International Relations provides a unique environment for PhD students intending to situate themselves within the IR discipline. Our focus on recent epistemological advances in non-positivist scholarship delivers expertise through tailor-made roundtables, PhD presentations, walk & talk sessions and collective readings.
More information regarding the next edition of GLOBE will be online this fall. You can find more information about the 2019 edition here.
Early and advanced PhD students, as well as Postdoctoral students in international relations, political science and closely related fields
- To use feed-back received from peer junior and senior researchers to further develop their own research project;
- to develop a reflexive and critical knowledge of the field of international relations;
- to strengthen their early integration into the international scientific community;
- to promote exchanges and confrontations of ideas with peers of all standings.
PhD students fees: CHF 400.-
Postdoctoral students fees: CHF 450.-
- Tuition fees
- 4 nights in shared room in the Villa La Joux
- Full board from Monday’s lunch through Friday’s lunch
- 1 daily pass for the cable car at Leysin (ski slopes, panoramic restaurant)
It will be done online and should include:
- A CV, with your academic records
- A motivation letter
- An abstract of your thesis and an abstract of the paper/chapter you plan to present at the winter school. (submitted as one document)
When your application is complete, you will be asked to mark the “complete” checkbox, under the “Course registration” section.
The winter school takes place in the Villa La Joux, in Leysin, in the Swiss Alps. The Chalet is situated within walking distance from the last train stop called “Gare du Grand Hotel”, of the Aigle-Leysin train.
The fees for the winter school includes the four full board nights. Bed linen are included but you are asked to take towels as well as indoor shoes with you.
Check in: February 24th, 10am
Check out: February 28th, 2pm