I’m a Ph. D. Student at Institute of Earth Sciences of University of Lausanne.
In frame of OROG3NY, I am working on a project regarding the 3D structural mapping of the crust. This work will exploit S-waves and complementary geophysical (e.g. gravity) data to establish a fully 3D shear-wave velocity model of the crust, with first application on the Central Alps. The primary focus will be on various types of novel analyses of receiver functions, on their inversion, and on S-wave arrivals from local and regional earthquakes. The resulting model will be interpreted in terms of lithology and physical properties and by that contribute to improve structural images of the region.
- Inverse modeling
- Earthquake seismology
- Seismic tomography
- Receiver function
2015 M. Sc. in Geosciences (Geophysical curriculum), University of Trieste (Italy)
Thesis Title: “Crustal tomography of South-Eastern Alps: from the seismic location to the geological structure”, supervisor Dr. Giovanni Costa
2012 B. Sc. in Geology, University of Trieste (Italy)
Thesis Title: “Gravimetric inversion technique applied to the northern of Congo craton region”, supervisor Prof. Carla Braitenberg
- L. Colavitti, G. Hetényi. Towards a new technique to construct a 3-D shear-wave velocity model from converted waves, Fall Meeting of American Geophysical Union , Poster session, abstract S51D-0633, New Orleans, Louisiana (USA), December 2017.
- L. Colavitti, G. Hetényi. Towards a new method to develop a 3-D shear-wave velocity model from converted waves, 3rd TIDES Advanced Training School, Poster session, Oxford (UK), July 2017.
- L. Colavitti, G. Hetényi. Towards a new tool to develop a 3-D shear-wave velocity model from converted waves, General Assembly of European Geosciences Union, Poster session, abstract EGU2017-8021, Vienna (Austria), April 2017.
- L. Colavitti, G. Hetényi. 3-D shear-wave velocity model of the Central Alps, 14th Swiss Geoscience Meeting, Poster session P8.20, abstract vol.8, pag. 291, Geneva (Switzerland), November 2016.
- L. Colavitti, L. Tiberi, G. Böhm, G. Costa, A. Gallo. Local earthquake tomography in the junction domain between Southeastern Alps and Dinarides using the seismic data of the CE3RN, 35th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission, Oral presentation, abstract ESC2016-508, Trieste (Italy), September 2016.
- L. Colavitti, L. Tiberi, G. Böhm, G. Costa, A. Gallo. Local earthquake tomography in the junction between Southeastern Alps and External Dinarides using the seismic data of the CE3RN network. Proceedings of 34th GNGTS National Conference, Session: Active tectonic processes-observations and interpretative models, pp.67-75. Oral presentation, Trieste (Italy), November 2015.
- L. Colavitti, L. Tiberi, G. Böhm, G. Costa. Crustal tomography of Southeastern Alps, 26th General Assembly of the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics, Poster session, abstract IUGG-0937, Prague (Czech Republic), June 2015.
- Prize “Irene Galante” 2015-2016 reserved for the Master thesis from the Department of Mathematics and Geosciences at University of Trieste (Italy).
- Prize “Licio Cernobori” 2015 delivered during the the National Conference of Italian Group of Solid Earth Geophysics, in Trieste (Italy).