Postdoctoral research scientist
Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Previous address: Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks
Seismic source studies for natural and man-made events, and for different regions and tectonic settings:
- Seismic events beneath the Himalayas
- Nuclear tests at the Nevada Test Site, U.S.
- Mine collapses in the western U.S.
- Earthquakes in the southern Alaska subduction zone
- Seismic events at Uturuncu volcano, Bolivia
Selected conference abstracts
- C. Alvizuri, V. Silwal, L. Krischer, and C. Tape. Estimation of full moment tensors, including uncertainties, for earthquakes, volcanic events, and nuclear tests. Abstract S31A-2701 presented at the 2016 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, Calif., 12-16 Dec.
- C. Alvizuri and C. Tape. Full moment tensor and source-type estimation for volcanic events. 2016. Abstract presented at 9th Biennial Workshop on Japan-Kamchatka-Alaska Subduction Processes, Fairbanks, Alaska, May 31 to June 3, 2016.
- C. Alvizuri and C. Tape. A Catalog of Moment Tensors and Source-type Characterization for Small Events at Uturuncu Volcano, Bolivia. 2013a. Abstract S51A-2658 presented at 2015 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, Calif., 14-18 Dec.
- C. Alvizuri and C. Tape. Full moment tensor inversion using body waves and surface waves: examples from Uturuncu volcano, Bolivia. 2013b. Abstract S11B-2334 presented at 2013 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, Calif., 9-13 Dec.