The AGU Fall Meeting took place last week in Washington D.C. Our group member’s contributions:
- Subedi S, Hetényi G, Denton P and Sauron A (ED51C-0677). Seismology-at-School in Nepal: a first regional educational and seismic network.
- Colavitti L,Hetényi G and AlpArray Working Group (S31D-0535). A new technique to construct 3-D Vs models: Implementation of Ray Tracing, Model Parameterization and Inversion.
- Alvizuri CR, Walter F and Hetényi G (S51D-0367). Seismic moment tensor and single force analysis of landslides in Switzerland and Greenland.
- Scarponi M, Hetényi G, Plomerova J, Solarino S, Berthet T, Baron L and AlpArray-Ivrea Working Group (T51G-0249). High-resolution imaging of the Ivrea Geophysical Body: A joint seismic and gravity approach.
- Pistone M, Petri B, Müntener O, Almqvist BSG, Hetényi G, Zappone A and Baumgartner L (V33D-0272). Unravelling magma emplacement mechanism in the lower crust: A forensic investigation of the Mafic Complex, Ivrea-Verbano Zone (Italy).
The meeting will take place in San Francisco (California) in 2019.
Leonardo Colavitti and Matteo Scarponi will participate to an Advanced Training School “Seismic Tomography: from data analysis to inversion, results, and uncertainty estimates” organised by TIDES (TIme DEpendent Seismology) that will be held in Oxford, UK from 10 to 14 July 2017. At this link you can find the detailed programme of the School.
Our planned contributions consist of two posters:
- Colavitti L, Hetényi G: Towards a new method to develop a 3-D shear-wave velocity model from converted waves.
- Scarponi M, Hetényi G, IvreaArray Working Group: High-resolution imaging of the Ivrea Geophysical Body: A receiver function and gravity approach.
Leonardo Colavitti will participate to an Advanced School on “Seismology beyond textbooks” organised by the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) from August 29th to September 3rd in Miramare, Trieste, Italy. At this link are the program details of the School.
The week after he will be at the 35th General Assembly of the European Seismological Commission (ESC) that will be held from 4th to 11th September 2016 in Trieste, Italy (The website of the conference is here).
On Tuesday September 6 at 12:15 p.m., Leonardo will be talking about Local earthquake tomography in the junction between Southeastern Alps and Dinarides using the seismic data of the CE3RN. Here you can find the abstract of the planned talk.