During the first week of May an international workshop will take place to discuss the Ivrea ICDP project between geologists, geochemists and geophysicists. Our group’s interest is to compile existing and to carry out new intra-crustal images from gravity and seismology, on which György Hetényi will give a presentation. More details on the Ivrea ICDP project can be found here.
Our paper on “Seismotectonics of Bhutan: Evidence for segmentation of the Eastern Himalayas and link to foreland deformation” has just been accepted for publication in EPSL. More details (doi etc.) will follow as soon as available.
Next week we will be attending the EGU General Assembly in Vienna. Here is a list of our planned contributions:
- Monday, 14:45 (room D3): Diehl T, Singer J, Hetényi G, Grujic D, Clinton J, Giardini D, Kissling E: Evidence for segmentation of the Eastern Himalayas and link to foreland deformation
- Tuesday 8:30-12:00 (room G1): Session TS7.7/SM6.13: The Alps and neigbouring mountain belts: a multidisciplinary vision (AlpArray)
- Tuesday 13:30-15:00 (room 2.83): AlpArray Gravity Working Group meeting
- Tuesday 15:30-17:00 (room 0.15): AlpArray meeting
- Tuesday, poster X2.233: Hetényi G, Molinari I, Clinton J, Kissling E, AlpArray Seismic Network Core Group: The AlpArray Seismic Network: status and operation
- Tuesday, poster X2.234: Hetényi G, Bianchi I, Plomerová J, Kampfová Exnerová H, AlpArray-EASI Working Group, The interaction between the Adria and Europe plates at their boundary in the Eastern Alps (project EASI)
- Tuesday, poster X2.236: Molinari I, Obermann A, Kissling E, Hetényi G, AlpArray-EASI Working Group: The 3D crustal structure of Eastern Alps and Bohemian Massif revealed by ambient noise surface wave tomography
- Tuesday, poster X2.370: Chanard K, Hetényi G, Baumgartner L, Licul A, Herman F: Constraining eclogitization kinetics at large scale: the Indian lower crust
- Tuesday, poster X3.26: Alvizuri C, Silwal V, Krischer L, Tape C: Estimation of full moment tensors, including uncertainties, for earthquakes, volcanic events, and nuclear explosions
- Friday, poster X3.23: Colavitti L, Hetényi G: Towards a new tool to develop a 3-D shear-wave velocity model from converted waves
- Friday, poster X2.142: Herman F, Deal E, Braun J, Chanard K, de Anna P, Stalder N: Extracting an unbiased erosion history of glacial landscapes