12-14 September 2018 in Lausanne, Switzerland
Given the growing population of children and adolescents with chronic illness, the care provided to this vulnerable population needs to be improved to meet their somatic and psychosocial health needs and those of their families. This international course will cover a wide range of themes linked to chronic illness such as mental health, risk behaviors, economic aspects, or therapeutic education.
To help adolescents with chronic illness reach their full potential, it appears crucial to improve transition from pediatric to adult care. Transition themes such as transfer readiness, transition programs, or parents in transition will be covered, including pediatric and adult specialists perspectives.
Given the success of the two previous years, we are delighted to announce the third edition of the international summer school, which will last 2 days this year as it will be followed by the first European symposium on transition. Participants who attend the summer school can attend the symposium free of charge and can submit abstracts.
This course given in English will gather some of the main Swiss and European experts in children and adolescents with chronic illness and transition. Participatory training will bring participants the broadest insight on these subjects while using their own professional experience.
The course will take place on the UNIL Campus, on the beautiful lakeshore of Lausanne. The transition symposium will take place at the Lausanne University Hospital, at the heart of transition issues.
This Summer School is ideal for
- Professionals working with children and / or adolescents with chronic illness (educators, nurses, psychologists, physicians, researchers, social workers, teachers, etc.);
- Professionals wishing to develop transition or implement a transition program in their clinic;
- Students undertaking a masters or PhD on the subject of chronic conditions and/transition.
- To acquire a broad view on the issues affecting children and adolescents with chronic illness
- To better understand the specific needs of children and adolescents with chronic illness, as well as those of their families
- To gain an international perspective on effective and concrete transition programs from pediatric to adult care
Dates and schedules
- Course day 1: Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 – 8:30-17:30
- Course day 2: Thursday, September 13th, 2018 – 8:30-17:00
- Symposium on transition: Friday, September 14th, 2018 – 8:00-17:00
FEE & Registration
Deadline: June 15th, 2018
|Other health professionals (nurses, psychologists, social workers, etc.)||450 CHF|
|Students (maximum 5, with proven certificate)||300 CHF|
The fees include lunch and coffee-breaks, participation at the European Symposium, participation at the speed networking supper and attendance certificate
Places are limited to 25
The detailed program is now available here: Summer course 2018 Program
Prof. Joan-Carles Suris Dre Christina Akre
IUMSP, CHUV & UNIL, Lausanne IUMSP, CHUV & UNIL, Lausanne
For questions about the course or the symposium, do not hesitate to contact us: