The fifth summer school in Black Forest will tackle topics that are at the front of today’s research in physics: the status of space and time in quantum gravity and the status of matter in quantum field theory. Starting from the state of the art in physics, we’ll explore different philosophical proposals that open up new directions for research in the philosophy of physics. There will be lectures in the morning and book symposia in the evening. In the afternoon, several small working groups led by postdocs or advanced PhD students offer in depth discussions of topics related to the lectures and book symposia.
Date and Location
17 – 22 July 2017
Saig (Black Forest), Germany
The summer school is organized and funded by
- the Department of Philosophy of the University of Lausanne,
- the Department of Mathematics of Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich,
- the Center for Philosophy of Science and Department of Philosophy, University of Geneva,
- the Department of Philosophy of the University of Bern,
- the Cogito Foundation,
- the Templeton Foundation.
Claus Beisbart (University of Bern, Switzerland)
Dirk-André Deckert (LMU Munich, Germany)
Detlef Dürr (LMU Munich, Germany)
Michael Esfeld (University of Lausanne, UNIL, Switzerland)
Christian Wüthrich (University of Geneva, Switzerland)