Users of the MyUNIL portal can change their avatar at any time from the “My Profile” application in the user menu.
Some users have told us about their difficulty displaying all of their course information in the week view. A new feature has been added allowing to display this view in full screen.
Users with write permissions in a channel have access to the validation of the different objects in their channel. Each news / event is assigned a status. Here is the list of existing statuses in the new system NewsUNIL:
- To validate: Default status, the news is awaiting publication and does not appear in the websites.
Proposed: Status of an object proposed by another channel, or submitted by a person who does not have write rights in the channel
Online: Status after publication, appears on the various services (websites, public research, L’ACTU, L’AGENDA)
Offline: Status applies after the end of publication date for news. For events, the date of the event is applied.
When entering a news / event, the user has the possibility to share his / her object:
- Sharing on social networks
- Share with another news channel of the UNIL
When entering news, it is now possible to add documents directly in the news / event. The addition is done from the “Links / documents” workflow step.
Users with a write-right in one of the news channels can access news management from the “News / Events” tab
Students can access all class documents filed by the teacher if they use MyUNIL for the management of class materials.
Any element with an “online” status can be relayed at any time by the user in a channel for which it has write rights.
Users can add a video (Youtube, HVA) to illustrate a news / event. This video will take the place of the main image.
Users with write permissions in faculty channels as well as UNICOM users will be able to add keywords to allow news and events ranking
Any member of the academic community may subscribe to news / events channels. The items published in these channels will then appear directly in the notifications of the “What’s New?” Application.
Users can subscribe to event streams and add them directly to their personal calendar.
In MyUNIL, students and teachers have access to their exam schedules as soon as they are published by the faculties. These schedules are displayed in two forms:
- Notifications in the “What’s New?” application
- In the daily schedule in the application “Calendar”
Teachers and student assistants with a proxy for a course can at any time add documents to a course space
- News / events management applications. Pads are the number of news / events awaiting validation
- Predefined Search Lists
- My news: News entered by the logged-in user
- My subscriptions: News of the channels to which the subscribed user is subscribed
- My channels: Channel news to which the user has write rights
- My validations: List of news pending validation (saved, proposed)
- Free search: Free search in channels
- Help: Display a simplified help for entering items
- Preferences: Subscription to new channels and keyword management for faculty validators
- Add: Access to the input workflow
- Advanced search
- Browsing the results list
Users who are paid by the UNIL may at any time access their pay slips.
A user with write rights on a channel can at any time offer these items with an “ONLINE” status to other channels.
The editors of the various channels now have the option to export the events in RTF format.
After many comments from users on the “What’s New” application, we decided to move to a “Card Layout” design that allows us to display much more information in notifications.
The view of the application has been completely revised for a better display of course events. This view is also much more functional for mobile use (smartphones and tablets)