- Van Dijk, J.J.M. (2008). The World of crime; breaking the silence on problems of crime, justice and development. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
- Van Dijk, J.J.M. (2007). The International Crime Victims Survey and Complementary Measures of Corruption and Organised Crime. In: Hough, M. & Maxfield, M. (Eds.) Surveying Crime in the 21st Century. Crime Prevention Studies, volume 22. Collumpton, Willan Publishing.
- Van Dijk, J.J.M. (2007) The ICVS and Beyond: Developing a Comprehensive Set of Crime Indicators. In: Aromaa, K. & Viljanen, T. (Eds.) International Key Issues in Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice, Papers in celebration of 25 years of HEUNI. Helsinki, HEUNI. Link
- Van Dijk, J.J.M. (2006). The ICVS and Beyond: Developing a Comprehensive set of Crime Indicators. A speech. Tilburg: INTERVICT, Tilburg University. Text in PDF
- Hamai, K. & Ellis, T. (2006) Crime and criminal justice in modern Japan: From re-integrative shaming to popular punitivism. International Journal of the Sociology of Law. Volume 34, Issue 3, Pages 157-178. Link
- Hunt, J. (2006). Do Teen Births Keep American Crime High? Vol. XLIX, p.533-566. The Journal of Law and Economics. Link
- Farrell, G., Tseloni, A. and Pease, K. (2005). Repeat victimization in the ICVS and the NCVS. Crime Prevention and Community Safety: An International Journal, 7(3), pp. 7-18. Link
- Torrente, D. (2008) Crime and social cohesion in Europe: Social change and the new problems of western European security. Department of sociology, University of Barcelona. Link
- Soares, R.R. (2004) Development, crime and punishment: accounting for the international differences in crime rates. Journal of Development Economics. Volume 73, Issue 1, Pages 155-184. Link