Booking accommodation is the task of conference participants.
We encourage you to book soon as there will be a major conference in Geneva on Sept. 11-14 which may affect hotel bookings in Lausanne, too.
To provide some help, we compiled a list of accommodations we can recommend based on past experience and location (see below).
Furthermore, we have pre-booked 20 hotel rooms in Lausanne, which we aim for participants with narrow budgets. These are proper hotels with relatively low prices, although you may be able to find cheaper solutions. See below for detailed information.
The field trip accommodation is described here.
/Disclaimer: the organizers have no financial interest in any of the accommodations listed on this page. /
List of accommodations
- Aquatis Hotel***s, route de Berne 148, 1010 Lausanne
- slightly uphill and outside the city centre, along the m2 metro line
- Hôtel du Port***, place du Port 5, 1006 Lausanne
- at the Ouchy port, ship connection to France (Evian, Thonon)
- Hôtel Régina***, rue Grand-St-Jean 18, 1003 Lausanne
- in the historical city centre, take m1 to campus
- Hôtel Bellerive***, avenue du Cour 99, 1007 Lausanne
- not far from the railway station, direct bus + walk to campus
- ibis Lausanne Centre**, rue du Maupas 20, 1004 Lausanne
- near the historical city centre, walk + metro to the campus
- Lausanne Youth Hostel Jeunhotel, chemin du Bois-de-Vaux 36, 1007 Lausanne
- near the lake and the campus, also has a few private rooms
- Lausanne Guest House, chemin des Epinettes 4, 1007 Lausanne
- near the railway station, excellent lake view
- Camping de Vidy-Lausanne, chemin du Camping 3, 1007 Lausanne
- on the lakeside, walking distance to campus
Information about the pre-booked hotel rooms
We have pre-booked 20 hotel rooms from 9 to 13 September and aim to distribute these on a first come first served basis. There are:
- 5 single rooms are at the SwissTechHotel, on campus, 3 metro stops from the conference, at a price of 100 CHF/night/person + city tax, without breakfast. Breakfast is 13 CHF or there is a small supermarket nearby.
- 15 rooms are at the L’Hotel, in the city centre, 6 metro strop from the conference. All rooms have double beds, the rate is 90 CHF/night for single and 120 CHF/night for double occupancy + city tax, breakfast included.
Conference participants interested in these rooms should contact us, and we will connect you with the hotels. The hotels will not take any direct reservations directly for these 20 rooms. You will pay directly to the respective hotels, the conference organizers will not handle any accommodation money. You will be fully responsible to manage your booking with the respective hotel (change of dates, cancellation, special requests, etc.)