Welcome to ELSOCAP Website
The Entrepreneurial Leadership and Social Capital (ELSOCAP) research project is based at the University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland. The ELSOCAP project examines the contribution of entrepreneurial leadership and social capital to resource assembly and consequent performance of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in East Africa.
What we do
Specifically, ELSOCAP is focused on:
- Conducting scientific research through an empirical investigation of small and medium-sized enterprises in East Africa.
- Facilitating entrepreneurial capacity building of SMEs in East Africa by offering entrepreneurs trainings in leadership and strategic management.
- Contributing to the training of graduate students in the African institutions involved in the collaboration.
- Facilitating research capacity development of the African institutions involved in the collaboration.
African Institutions in the Collaboration
- 2010 – 2012 – UNIL collaborated with the Institute for Development Studies at the University of Nairobi, Kenya on this project, and offered training to entrepreneurs in Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2012 – 2014 – UNIL is collaborating with Makerere University Business School in Kampala, Uganda on this project. Besides collecting data, ELSOCAP has provided the first round of training to entrepreneurs in Kampala, Uganda.