We invite applications for a
PhD position (100%) at HEC Lausanne
in the Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CDQ)
Data sharing platforms and open/external data services
The PhD position will contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of a Data App Store that supports businesses in the discovery, integration and use of external data. The PhD candidate will be employed at HEC Lausanne and work in the Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ – cc-cdq.ch). CC CDQ is an industry-funded research consortium that is researching, developing and testing solutions that advance data management in digital and data-driven enterprises. CC CDQ is being conducted between the Universities of Lausanne and St. Gallen and 20 renowned European companies (Bosch, Merck, Nestlé, PMI, SBB, Siemens etc.).
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Strong interest in one or more of the following topics: data catalogs, data sharing platforms, linked and open data, semantic Web and ontologies
- Professional experience (e.g. as consultant) and/or relevant internships
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Good writing skills and fluency in English; German and/or French are a plus
Employment rate is 100% with a competitive salary and maximum contract duration isfive years. Starting date is negotiable from October 2018 until the position is filled.
The PhD candidate is expected to enrol in the doctoral school in information systems at HEC Lausanne and will be supervised by Prof. Christine Legner.
Job announcement: UNIL-CDQ-PhD_201809_cle.pdf
Informal inquiries and how to apply:
For any inquiry about the PhD positions, please contact Prof. Christine Legner:
email@example.com or +41 21 692 3432.